CREATIVE TECHNOLOGY LTD
(Incorporated in the Republic of Singapore)
(Company Registration Number: 198303359D)
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that an Extraordinary General Meeting (“EGM”) of the Members of CREATIVE TECHNOLOGY LTD. (the “Company”) will be held at 31 International Business Park, Creative Resource, Singapore 609921 at 10.30 a.m. on Friday, 20 June 2008 for the purpose of considering and, if thought fit, passing with or without any amendments, the following Ordinary Resolution:-
SALE AND LEASEBACK OF THE PROPERTY AT 31 INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, CREATIVE RESOURCE, SINGAPORE 609921 THAT
(a) approval be and is hereby given for the sale by Creative Technology Centre Pte Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company (“CTC”), of the leasehold interest in respect of the property at 31 International Business Park, Creative Resource, Singapore 609921 (“Property”) to HSBC Institutional Trust Services (Singapore) Limited (“HSBCIT”) as the trustee of Ascendas Real Estate Investment Trust on the terms of the Put and Call Agreement, the principal terms of which are set out in the Circular dated 30 May 2008, and the leaseback by CTC of the Property from HSBCIT on the terms of the Lease, the principal terms of which are set out in the same Circular; and
(b) the Directors are hereby authorised to do all such acts and things (including without limitation, to execute all such documents as may be required and to approve any amendments, alterations or modifications to any documents), as they may consider desirable, expedient or necessary to give effect to the transactions contemplated by this Resolution.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
NG KEH LONG
30 May 2008
1. A member of the Company entitled to attend and vote at the EGM of the Company is entitled to appoint not more than two proxies to attend and vote on his/her behalf. A proxy need not be a member of the Company.
2. Where a member appoints two proxies, the appointments shall be invalid unless he specifies the proportion of his shareholding (expressed as a percentage of the whole) to be represented by each proxy.
3. A corporation which is a member may appoint an authorised representative or representatives in accordance with Section 179 of the Companies Act, Cap. 50 of Singapore to attend and vote for and on behalf of such corporation.
4. The instrument appointing a proxy or proxies must be under the hand of the appointor or of his attorney duly authorised in writing. Where the instrument appointing a proxy or proxies is executed by a corporation, it must be executed under its common seal or signed on its behalf by an officer or attorney duly authorised in writing.
5. Where an instrument appointing a proxy is signed on behalf of the appointor by the attorney, the letter or power of attorney or a duly certified copy thereof must (failing previous registration with the Company) be lodged with the instrument of proxy, failing which the instrument may be treated as invalid.
6. The instrument appointing a proxy or proxies must be deposited at the registered office of the Company at 31 International Business Park, Creative Resource, Singapore 609921 not less than 48 hours before the time appointed for holding the EGM of the Company or any adjournment thereof. Proxy forms sent to the Company's transfer agent must arrive at the transfer agent no later than 13 June 2008.
7. Any proxy given pursuant to the solicitation may be revoked by the person giving it at any time before its use by delivering to the Company (Attention: Mr. Ng Keh Long, Company Secretary) a written notice of revocation or a duly executed proxy bearing a later date or by attending the meeting and voting in person.