Creative Unveils Fatal1ty Gaming Headset - Enjoy A Clear Advantage In The Digital Battlefield
Formidable Gaming Headset Designed to Deliver Accurate Audio Effects for PC Gaming
SINGAPORE - March 28, 2007 - Creative Technology Ltd. (NASDAQ: CREAF), a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products, today announced the Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset. The in-game experience of users is now elevated to a whole new level as the sleek Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset enables gamers to hear every intricate audio effect, thereby giving them a clear advantage in their game.
Johnathan "Fatal1ty" Wendel, a renowned world champion in PC Gaming competitions, not only endorses the Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset, but also collaborated on this compelling product, involving in its development from the start. The Creative Fatal1ty brand promises a superior range of high-performance purpose-built gaming products that are certain to significantly improve users' overall gaming experience.
The Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset allows team leaders to issue orders or voice messages to fellow team members in clear audio quality with the noise-canceling microphone. Key features of this headset include:
- In-built with large 40mm Neodymium drivers, gamers can now hear all the realistic explosions and intensive machine-gun fire.
- Unobtrusive, enclosed earcups with plush velvet padding totally immerse users in the game.
- Durable and lightweight headband with generous head padding for great comfort, even during extended battles.
- Highly sensitive noise-canceling microphone is capable of transmitting clear and precise commands, crucial when users are engaged in mutiplayer type games.
- Flexible microphone can be positioned to suit the users' face contours. Includes a windscreen that is used to filter out unwanted speech and ambient noise.
- Microphone can even be detached for users who wish to use this headset as regular headphones.
- Using high-purity Oxygen-Free Copper (OFC) wires and gold-plated plugs, users can now hear distortion-free commands. The single-sided cable provides for easy management.
- In-line volume control allows users to make adjustments on the fly. Users can quickly adjust the volume level of their game play or mute the microphone for private conversations.
- Fatal1ty's signature and insignia show other competitors that users are serious about their gaming.
Other Creative Fatal1ty Branded Products
The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series sound card which is designed specifically for gamers, perfectly complements the Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset. This fantastic combination allows users to enjoy superior audio performance and the most realistic, intense sound effects in all their games. Users can also pair the Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset with the high-performance Creative Fatal1ty Professional Laser Mouse and Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Keyboard to meet the rigorous demands of competitive PC gaming.
Pricing and Availability
The Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset is now available in retail stores in Singapore at a suggested retail price of S$79.00. For more information, please visit www.asia.creative.com.
Creative (NASDAQ: CREAF) is a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products. Famous for its Sound Blaster sound cards and for launching the multimedia revolution, Creative is now driving digital entertainment on the PC platform with products like its highly acclaimed ZEN™ portable audio and media players. Creative's innovative hardware, proprietary technology, applications and services leverage the Internet, enabling consumers to experience high-quality digital entertainment -- anytime, anywhere.
About Johnathan "Fatal1ty" Wendel
Johnathan first got involved in professional PC gaming tournaments when he heard about CPL's Frag3 Tournament that took place in October 1999. Capturing third place there, he was invited to represent the USA in Stockholm two weeks later where he won undefeated, winning all 18 maps against the top players in the world. He has continued to consistently dominate competitions all over the world, including events in St. Louis, Los Angeles, New York, Dallas, Sweden, Australia, Singapore, Korea, Brazil, Germany, England, Netherlands, France, Russia, Denmark, and China, to name some of the countries he has visited in pursuit of pro gaming excellence.
Johnathan won the CPL Pentium 4 Winter Championship in December 2002 playing Unreal Tournament 2003; that victory made him the first and only 3 time CPL Champion of the Year - each year winning the CPL 1v1 Championship while competing in a different game. In Dallas, on August 14, 2004, Fatal1ty was crowned the first DOOM 3 1v1 Champion, capturing $25,000 in prize money at QuakeCon 2004.
# # #
This announcement relates to products launched in Asia Pacific. The product names, content, prices and availability are subject to change and may differ elsewhere in the world according to local factors and requirements. Creative and the Creative logo are registered trademarks of Creative Technology Ltd. in the U.S. and other countries. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.