The CA20K1 VLSI chip is a high performance digital audio processor designed to accelerate digital audio processing. This is Creative's newest class of PCI audio product which includes a complete audio recording and playback system interfaced via the PCI bus. The CA20K1 contains several special-purpose processing units, including:
- Sample rate converter engine
- Digital delay line accelerator ("tank engine")
- Digital filter engine
- A powerful mixer
- Microprogrammable audio DSP
- Various digital I/O capabilities
- Bus mastering external memory interfaces.
Unlike the host interface control port the bus mastering "audio transport" supports burst mode accesses to the PCI and SDRAM interfaces.