Creative Announces New High Performance External USB Sound Card - The Sound Blaster® Omni Surround 5.1
Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 Heads New Lineup of Sound Cards, including the Sound Blaster Audigy® Rx and Sound Blaster Audigy Fx, that Feature 600 ohm Headphone Amplifiers for Studio-Grade Monitoring
SINGAPORE – 4 September 2013 – Creative Technology Ltd today announced an all new high performance external sound card – the Sound Blaster® Omni Surround 5.1.
On top of enhancing audio playback via Creative's SBX Pro Studio™ suite of processing technologies, the Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 goes a step further to provide a more complete playback experience. The sound card comes with a 600 ohm headphone amplifier that allows discerning listeners to hear every enhanced audio detail through powerful studio-grade monitoring headphones.
“We have always strived to ensure that our sound cards are packed with the latest features and technology, and that’s why they represent the best upgrades from simple motherboard audio to full cinematic surround sound. This principle is reflected with the all new Omni Surround 5.1. With its 600 ohm headphone amplifier, users are able to enjoy a more complete immersive experience – the amplifier supports the capabilities of studio-grade monitoring headphones by giving them sufficient power to reproduce low frequency tones that are usually ignored, bringing the listening experience to a whole new level,” says Low Long Chye, General Manager of the Audio Video Products Group.
Beyond a complete playback experience, the Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 also features impressive recording capabilities that will be appreciated by today’s new generation of audio content creators, including podcasters and budding YouTube musicians. It houses a built-in dual array microphone that records clear audio, and all recorded audio is further enhanced and cleaned up via Creative’s CrystalVoice™ technologies.
Users can look forward to a painless installation process – the Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 can be connected to laptops, PCs and Macs via a simple USB cable. The device also houses conveniently accessible controls and input options.
Intelligent Features of the Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1
- Comes with Sound Blaster Omni Control Panel, a PC/Mac software suite that gives users full access and control over advanced SBX Pro Studio and CrystalVoice technologies for enhanced audio playback and recording
- Dolby Digital Live allows users to connect to their decoder through a single optical cable for compelling 5.1 Surround Sound in addition to a 5.1 analog output
- Comes with a 600 ohm amplifier for studio-grade monitoring, allowing every enhanced detail to be heard with great clarity
- Built-in dual microphone array works in tandem with CrystalVoice technology for crystal clear audio pickup and recording, perfect for voice communications or audio content creation
- Features a simple installation process, with users able to connect the Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 to laptops/PCs/Macs via USB
- Houses easily accessible controls and input options
Sound Blaster Audigy Rx and Sound Blaster Audigy Fx – Internal PCIe Entertainment Sound Cards
Along with Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1, Creative also revealed the all new Sound Blaster Audigy Rx and Sound Blaster Audigy Fx – two internal sound cards that represent powerful upgrades from basic motherboard audio to immersive surround sound. The Sound Blaster Audigy Rx is an advanced internal 7.1 PCIe sound card, while the Sound Blaster Audigy Fx is an internal 5.1 half-height PCIe sound card. Both cards feature 600 ohm headphone amplifiers, a 106dB SNR and full customisation via their respective PC software suites. The Sound Blaster Audigy Rx has more advanced recording capabilities, with a dual microphone input for simultaneous multi-person audio recording, useful for podcasting or singing along with a friend.
Intelligent Features of the Sound Blaster Audigy Rx
- Comes with Sound Blaster Audigy Rx Control Panel, a PC software suite that gives users full access and control over advanced technologies for enhanced audio playback and recording
- EAX® Studio Software allows for additional customisable environmental effects to music, movies, games and voice
- Comes with a 600 ohm amplifier for studio-grade monitoring
- Built-in dual microphone input allows for simultaneous multi-person podcasting or audio recording
Intelligent Features of the Sound Blaster Audigy Fx
- Comes with Sound Blaster Audigy Fx Control Panel, a PC software suite that gives users full access and control over advanced SBX Pro Studio technologies for enhanced audio playback and recording
- Comes with a 600 ohm amplifier for studio-grade monitoring
- Independent Line-in and microphone input allows user to play music from a smart device or MP3 player through the Sound Blaster Audigy Fx to get amazing sound quality
Pricing and Availability
The Creative Sound Blaster Entertainment sound cards are slated for availability in October 2013 at the online store at sg.store.creative.com and authorised dealers in Singapore, at the following suggested retail prices:
|Creative Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1
|Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Rx
|Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Fx
For more information about Creative Sound Blaster Entertainment sound cards, please visit
Creative is a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products. Famous for its Sound Blaster® sound cards and for launching the multimedia revolution, Creative is now driving digital entertainment with cutting edge audio solutions, premium wireless speakers, wireless headphones and portable media devices. Today, Creative re-invents the Sound Blaster, which has a user base of over 400 million, with its ground-breaking Sound BlasterAxx that aims at the new mobile networked generation by bridging the worlds of the computer, smartphones, and tablets. Creative's proprietary technologies, innovative hardware, applications and services leverage the Internet, enabling consumers to experience high-quality digital entertainment - anytime, anywhere.
# # #
This announcement relates to products launched in the Asia Pacific. Availability is subject to change without notice and may differ elsewhere in the world according to local factors and requirements. Creative, the Creative logo, Sound Blaster, Sound BlasterAxx, Audigy, EAX, SBX Pro Studio and CrystalVoice are trademarks or registered trademarks of Creative Technology Ltd in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
|Creative Technology Ltd
Tel (65) 6895 4120
Tel (65) 6733 8873