Creative Introduces the World's First 32GB Flash Memory-Based
Portable Media Player with the Latest Credit Card-Sized ZEN
SINGAPORE - December 3, 2007 - Creative Technology Ltd., a worldwide leader in digitalentertainment products, today introduced the world's first 32GB flash memory-based portable media player with the latest version of Creative ZEN™, the credit card-sized music, video and photo player with a stunningly vibrant 2.5-inch screen that supports 16.7 million colours. For the first time, users can enjoy a media storage capacity previously only supported by hard disk-based media players, together with the skip-free content playback stability of a flash memory-based player. The new 32GB Creative ZEN player stores up to 8,000* songs in MP3, WMA and AAC formats, including iTunes Plus tracks (unprotected AAC files) from the iTunes store. In addition,the Creative ZEN player can now carry up to 110** hours of video or thousands of photos – all in the same sleek compact-sized media player. This lightweight and durable high memory capacity flash-based media player is an ideal companion for users with active lifestyles who like to carry all their digital content on the go.
Enjoy all the features of the Creative ZEN player, now available in a greater capacity:
- Brilliant full colour display on razor sharp 2.5-inch TFT display with 16.7 million colour support
- Wide support of video formats including WMV9, MJPEG, MPEG4-SP***, compatible DivX*** 4/5, and XviD***
- Wide support of music formats including MP3, WMA, Audible 2, 3, 4 and non-protected AAC
- Works with subscription and pay-per-download music and video services
- Up to 30 hours of continuous music playback or 5 hours of continuous video playback **** with a single charge of the built-in rechargeable Li-Ion battery
- Additional memory capacity with the built-in SD expansion slot
- Functional features like FM radio, voice recorder, clock and alarm
Pricing and Availability
The Creative ZEN player in 32GB is available in Singapore in mid December 2007 at retail stores including The CREATIVE Stores at Marina Square, Plaza Singapura and International Business Park and online store at sg.store.creative.com at the suggested retail price of S$549.00. The Creative ZEN player is also available in 4GB, 8GB and 16GB models at the above stores at the suggested retail prices of S$249.00, S$349.00 and S$449.00 respectively.
A variety of accessories is also available for the Creative ZEN player:
- A leather case with integrated stand, priced at S$39.00
- A clear case with a stand, priced at S$29.00
- An armband with a player enclosure, priced at S$39.00
- A three-pack of coloured skins in black, red and blue, priced at S$29.00
- A skin with wire management, priced at S$29.00
- A three-pack of screen protectors, priced at S$29.00
- A power adapter or car charger, priced at S$29.00
For more information about the Creative ZEN player, please visit www.asia.creative.com.
* Based on 32GB player with AAC format encoded at approximately 4 minutes per song at 128kbps or MP3 format encoded at approximately 4 minutes per song at 128kbps. The Creative ZEN player can also hold up to 16,000 WMA songs encoded at approximately 4 minutes per song at 64kbps.
** 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Available capacity will be less. Reported capacity will vary. Video claim based on WMV9 video encoded at 500kbps.
*** XviD encoded files are playable if they are encoded as standard MPEG-4 Simple (SP) or Advanced Simple Profile (ASP) without GMC and OPEL support. This product is not certified by DivX Inc. May not play all DivX 4 and 5 files. Other formats (eg. MPEG 1/2) may be trans-coded with bundled software and requires respective codec pre-installed in PC.
**** Actual battery life will vary with use.
Creative is a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products. Famous for its Sound Blaster® sound cards and for launching the multimedia revolution, Creative is now driving digital entertainment on the PC platform with products like its highly acclaimed ZEN™ MP3 and portable media players. Creative's innovative hardware, proprietary technology, applications and services leverage the Internet, enabling consumers to experience high-quality digital entertainment – anytime, anywhere.
# # #
This announcement relates to products launched in Asia Pacific. Availability is subject to change without notice and may differ elsewhere in the world according to local factors and requirements. Creative, Sound Blaster and ZEN are trademarks or registered trademarks of Creative Technology Ltd. in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.