Creative Announces the Sound Blaster® Tactic3D Omega Wireless Gaming Headset - the First Cross-Platform Wireless Headset for Console, Mac and PC Gaming That is Fully Integrated
Wireless Game Play and Voice Communication Audio with the PS3, Xbox 360, Mac and PC
SINGAPORE - 6 January 2011 - Creative Technology Ltd. today announced the new Sound Blaster® Tactic3D Omega wireless gaming headset, the first wireless, cross-platform gaming headset to work with the PS3, Xbox 360, Mac and PC which is fully integrated.
Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Omega
With the unique integration of Creative's wireless technology into the headset itself, the Creative Sound Blaster® Tactic3D Omega wireless gaming headset does not require any extra attachments to function with gaming consoles wirelessly. The headset has volume, mute and connection controls fully integrated into the headset itself, eliminating the need for any additional connectivity components. Creative's robust wireless technology is designed to eliminate static interference, which affects other headsets, and delivers game audio with ultra-low latency, a critical feature for competitive game play.
The Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Omega wireless gaming headset delivers phenomenal audio quality by teaming Creative's immersive audio technology and powerful FullSpectrum 50mm drivers for a superb audio experience, giving the user a complete 3D experience when playing the new generation of 3D games. This superior headset is engineered to provide crystal-clear voice communications on the PS3, Xbox 360, Mac and PC with its detachable noise-cancelling microphone. The Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Omega wireless gaming headset will be on display from 6-9 January at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show, South Hall 1, Booth #20913.
After three decades of bringing unsurpassed audio to PC games we are excited to deliver the first platform-agnostic wireless gaming headset, said Ryan Schlieper, Product Marketing Manager for gaming at Creative. Not only does the Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Omega wireless gaming headset enhance in-game communication on the PS3, Xbox 360, Mac and PC, it sounds phenomenal for music and movies on all platforms. Use it to stream audio from movies from the Netflix application on the PS3 and Xbox 360 or to stream audio from devices like Boxee, all with no latency. The Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Omega wireless gaming headset will prove to be the best sounding wireless headset available on the market.
The Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Omega wireless gaming headset is perfect for the next generation of motion controlled games because it gives the gamer freedom to move around. The headset also complements wireless game controllers as it removes the last cable that could possibly tether gamers to their console.
Key Features of the Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Omega Wireless Gaming Headset
- Compatible with PS3, Xbox 360, Mac and PC
- Award-winning wireless technology delivers low latency and will not interfere with other wireless products in the home
- FullSpectrum tunable 50mm audio drivers for great audio performance
- Independent voice and game volume controls directly on the earcups
- Optimised lightweight design for marathon game play
- Detachable noise-cancelling microphone allows headset to be used as great sounding headphones
- Comfortable, durable design with customisable illuminated earcups
- Base-station features a line in, making the headset ideal for use with media streamers, TVs or MP3 players
Additional Performance for Mac and PC
- THX TruStudio Pro software suite on the Mac and PC for an immersive audio experience
- THX TruStudio Pro Crystalizer real-time audio restoration technology, which enhances in-game sound by restoring low and high end frequency curves lost to compression
- THX TruStudio Pro Surround delivers a 360 degree surround sound gaming experience so gamers can hear sounds clearly from the front, back, above and below
- THX TruStudio Pro Smart Volume addresses the problem of abrupt volume level changes in games by automatically and continuously measuring volume, and intelligently applying gain and attenuation to compensate for those changes
- THX TruStudio Pro Dialog Plus enhances voices during in-game communication for clearer dialogue, allowing the gamer to hear the dialogue over the rest of the sounds and over ambient noise in the listening environment
- THX TruStudio Pro Speaker produces heart-pounding, customisable bass levels without compromising signal integrity
- Customisable TacticProfile on the Mac and PC enable gamers to save their own settings or use pre-configured settings from pro-gamers
- Programmable VoiceFX for voice morphing into in-game characters or during VoIP chats on the Mac or PC
For more information on all of Creative's gaming products, please visit www.soundblaster.com.
Creative is a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products. Famous for its Sound Blaster® sound cards and for launching the multimedia revolution, Creative is now driving digital entertainment on the PC platform with products like its highly acclaimed ZEN® MP3 and portable media players. Creative's innovative hardware, proprietary technology, applications and services leverage the Internet, enabling consumers to experience high-quality digital entertainment - anytime, anywhere.
# # #
This announcement relates to products launched in the Asia Pacific. Availability is subject to change without notice and may differ elsewhere in the world according to local factors and requirements. Sound Blaster, Tactic3D, FullSpectrum, TacticProfile, VoiceFX and ZEN are trademarks or registered trademarks of Creative Technology Ltd in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
THX and THX TruStudio Pro are trademarks of THX Ltd. which are registered in some jurisdictions. All rights reserved.