Creative Introduces Live!® Cam Optia AF - Advanced and Powerful USB Video Class Webcam with Auto Focus Technology
New Exciting Features Such As 2.0 Megapixel Sensor, Precision Lens and Dual Microphones Set the Industry Benchmark for Webcams
SINGAPORE - April 26, 2007 - Creative Technology Ltd. (NASDAQ: CREAF), a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products, today introduced the Creative Live!® Cam Optia AF webcam, the world's first webcam to offer auto focus technology and a true 2.0 megapixel CMOS sensor. Finished in glossy black, with a new multi-element Precision Lens, Creative Live! Cam Optia AF raises the bar and sets a new industry benchmark for webcam video quality.
The new Creative Live! Cam Optia AF is packed with a powerful punch. Showcasing a class-leading 2.0 megapixel CMOS sensor, Creative Live! Cam Optia AF captures High Definition video at true 2.0 megapixel resolution and still images up to 8.0 megapixel interpolated resolution. High quality, multi-element Precision Lens also ensure a more natural experience during online chatting. Be amazed by the vibrant colours with outstanding details in the video and images!
First to feature automatic focusing technology, Creative Live! Cam Optia AF has its lens refocus upon detecting any movement of the subject, ensuring that focus is always spot-on and images stay sharp. Creative Live! Cam Optia AF also comes with Creative's unique built-in dual Adaptive Array microphones which deliver superb noise cancellation ability together with Live! Audio technology, resulting in clean and clear voice communication without annoying background noise. Parents will also be pleased with the innovative parental control feature which allows a password to be set for the camera usage, preventing any unauthorised usage.
Creative Live! Cam Optia AF offers state-of-the-art technology for instant Plug-n-Play and requires no driver installation for PC systems using Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or later, including the latest Windows Vista. Macintosh users can rejoice as well as the webcam works flawlessly with Mac OS version 10.4.9 or later. Exhibiting true Plug-n-Play, Creative Live! Cam Optia AF works instantly with popular Instant Messaging software such as Skype, MSN and Yahoo.
Creative Live! Cam Optia AF also comes with the following features:
- Certified Hi-Speed USB 2.0 high bandwidth allows the transfer of raw data from the webcam to the PC without compression, achieving superior video quality at 30 frames per second.
- Creative Live! View technology encompasses all the video and imaging technologies and features that will deliver realistic or enhanced viewing experience, providing optimised light exposure, colour balance, and frame rates.
- High quality, multi-element Precision Lens offer increased video clarity and sharper images, ensuring the best image quality.
- Creative Smart Face Tracking technology automatically tracks face movements to keep the face constantly in the video frame.
- Privacy control function switches the webcam off when it is twisted 90° downwards, preventing any video feed from accidentally flowing out.
- The bundled handsfree stereo headset offers users an alternative for private conversation and can even be used for music listening.
- Multi-axis swivel lets the webcam swivel horizontally up to 270° with forward and backward tilt, giving the maximum flexibility to achieve the best possible angle for videos and photos. If rotated backwards, the webcam automatically flips the image to the correct orientation.
- Multi-usage base attaches easily to CRT monitors, LCD panels and notebook LCDs and sits comfortably on tables or other flat surfaces.
- Creative Live! Cam Suite comprising of Creative Live! Cam Center, Creative Live! Cam Manager, Creative Live! Cam Console, Creative Photo Manager and Creative Photo Calender for performing advanced video tasks such as motion detection, remote capturing, organising and managing of photos and videos and more.
Creative Live! Cam Optia AF is also packed with the following fun software:
- Thrill your friends with the new Creative Advanced Audio FX which allows users to alter their own voices to sound like someone else during video chats. Users can choose from many effects to sound like a kid or robot or even alter the male voice to a female voice or vice versa!
- New Creative Live! Cam Doodling lets users draw and write creatively on their video images in real time while video chatting on any Instant Messaging software. Explore and experiment with the many unique video effects combinations!
- New Creative Live! Cam FX Creator lets users infuse their own creativity and imaginations by customising their own effects. Users can add their own photos as the background or even create face masks from images of people.
- Add fun and thrills to the video chat with the many video effects included in the Creative Advanced Video FX like Human Torch, Split Mirror and more. More special effects can be downloaded for free from Creative's website at: http://www.creative.com/products/webcams/avfx/
Pricing and Availability
The Creative Live! Cam Optia AF is available in Singapore from April 2007 at a suggested retail price of S$169.00. For more information, please visit www.asia.creative.com.
Creative (NASDAQ: CREAF) is a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products. Famous for its Sound Blaster sound cards and for launching the multimedia revolution, Creative is now driving digital entertainment on the PC platform with products like its highly acclaimed ZEN portable audio and media players. Creative's innovative hardware, proprietary technology, applications and services leverage the Internet, enabling consumers to experience high-quality digital entertainment -- anytime, anywhere.
# # #
This announcement relates to products launched in Asia Pacific. The product names, content, prices and availability are subject to change and may differ elsewhere in the world according to local factors and requirements. Creative and the Creative logo are registered trademarks of Creative Technology Ltd. in the U.S. and other countries. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.