Creative Announces Creative Professional E-MU Xboard 61 USB/MIDI Controller
New 61-Key model added to E-MU's line of Xboard USB/MIDI Controllers for PC and Mac
SINGAPORE - August 15, 2006
- Creative Technology Ltd. (NASDAQ: CREAF), the worldwide leader in digital entertainment products for PC users, today announced its new Creative Professional E-MU® Xboard 61
USB/MIDI Controller for PC and Mac operating systems.
The E-MU Xboard 61 USB/MIDI Controller features 61 premium full-size velocity sensitive keys with aftertouch, 16 programmable real-time control knobs, 16 new patch select/program change buttons, Xboard Control editing software, and a full version of E-MU's Proteus X Version 1.5 Desktop Sound Module. Xboard 61 comes with over 3GB of sounds, including a new custom bank of E-MU's finest performance keyboard sounds.
The Xboard Control software provides an intuitive desktop interface that lets you effortlessly create custom templates for all of your favorite hardware and software instruments. The Xboard 61 also allows you to set discrete MIDI channels for each knob and offers unrivalled real-time control and performance features including Snap Shot that lets you send multiple program changes and controller values by pressing a single button and Latch Mode that enables you to define a section of the keyboard as on/off triggers - perfect for drum loops. Xboard 61 also ships with WaveLab Lite for Windows and Cubase LE for Windows and Macintosh.
The Xboard 61 can be powered via USB, 3 AA batteries, or optional AC power adaptor (sold separately) - making it perfect for studio and stage use.
- Quickly edit, upload, download and store your Xboard patches
- Program the Xboard's 16 real-time control knobs to any MIDI parameter
- Eight selectable velocity curves for customized keyboard response
- Send up to 16 program changes with bank select at the touch of a button
Proteus X Version 1.5 Desktop Sound Module
- Powerful synthesis with over 50 patented Z-Plane filters
- Integrated effect processors
- Standalone or VSTi operation
- Over 3GB of sounds included - expandable with E-MU Sound Central Libraries
Steinberg Cubase LE for Windows and Macintosh
- 48 audio and 64 MIDI tracks
- Professional audio editing and processing features
- Full automation of volume, pan, mute and effects
- MIDI score editor with advanced quantization and logical presets
- Supports up to 8 VST instruments
- 2 insert and 4 effect sends per channel
- VST system link and ReWire 2 compatible
Steinberg WaveLab Lite for Windows
- Flexible audio editor
- Support for 8-, 16-, 20-, 24-bit files with up to 96kHz resolution
- Real-time effects and functions
- ASIO, WDM and MME driver support
Pricing and Availability
The E-MU Xboard 61, priced at US$249.99 (S$429.00), will be available in August 2006. For more information about the E-MU Xboard 61, visit www.asia.creative.com.
Creative (NASDAQ: CREAF) is a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products for PC
users. Famous for its Sound Blaster® sound cards and for launching the multimedia revolution, Creative is now driving digital entertainment on the PC platform with products like its highly acclaimed ZEN and MuVo® portable audio players. Creative's innovative hardware, proprietary technology, applications and services leverage the Internet, enabling consumers to experience high-quality digital entertainment - anytime, anywhere.
About E-MU Systems
E-MU Systems is a leading developer of digital audio products that serve musicians and audio professionals. E-MU designs, manufactures and markets audio/MIDI interfaces, software instruments, USB/MIDI controllers and powered reference monitors, many of which make use of proprietary VLSI/Chip technology and E-MU's advanced software algorithms. E-MU's superb audio-quality and consistent technical innovation have made its products the choice for quality-minded musicians worldwide.
# # #
This announcement relates to products launched in the Asia Pacific. The product names, prices and availability are subject to change without notice and may differ elsewhere in the world according to local factors and requirements. Creative, the Creative logo registered trademarks of Creative Technology Ltd. in the United States and other countries.
E-MU, Proteus and Emulator are registered trademarks of E-MU Systems, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. All other brand names are trademarks of their respective owners.