Creative Announces Creative Professional E-MU Proteus X2 Software Sound Module
E-MU's Software Sound Module Offers Host of Groundbreaking Features
SINGAPORE - August 15, 2006
- Creative Technology Ltd. (NASDAQ: CREAF), a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products for PC users, today announced the Creative Professional E-MU® Proteus® X2
Software Sound Module for PC, featuring TwistaLoop Player real-time audio manipulator, Morph Filter Designer to create custom filters, Multi-Function Generator for advanced LFO/envelope/arpeggiator programming, over 3GB of sounds, a host of new effects plug-ins, and much more. Proteus X2 builds on the unmatched sound quality of E-MU's pristine 24-bit/192kHz sound engine and patented pitch interpolation, and can be run either standalone (64 MIDI channels) or as a VST instrument (16 MIDI channels per instantiation).
TwistaLoop is a tool that allows the real-time audio time expansion/compression of E-MU's TwistaLoop files using E-MU's patented pitch interpolation, as well as real-time switching between multiple loop points and regions.
Morph Filter Designer
The Morph Filter Designer provides users with filter creation tools that E-MU's sound designers have been using for years to create the legendary morphing Z-Plane filters. The Morph Filter Designer now allows the construction of all-new exotic filter types that can be morphed from one type to another in real-time.
The Multi-Function Generator offers advanced LFO/envelope/arpeggiator programming, providing three function generators per voice that are directly tied into Proteus X2's powerful synthesis architecture (over 100 parameters). These Function Generators have several key sync and direction modes that enable complex levels of control, and can be programmed to modulate pitch, filters, volume, retrigger samples or LFO's, change tempo or trigger other events.
Over 3GB of Sounds
Proteus X2 ships with a massive 3GB soundset that includes E-MU's stunning 1.5GB grand piano, a special TwistaLoop performance bank, 24-bit drums and grooves, the complete Proteus 2000 soundset, and can be expanded with E-MU's extensive [ESC] sound library.
The E-MU 0404 PCI Digital Audio System features:
- Pristine 24-bit, 192kHz converters
- 32 channels of zero latency hardware mixing/monitoring with super-flexible virtual patchbay - no external mixer needed
- E-DSP 32-bit Multi-effects Processor offers you over 25 hardware-accelerated effects (over 600 presets) with no CPU overhead - plug-in architecture allows you to add new effects as needed
- E-MU Power FX hardware-accelerated VST effects let you use the E-DSP Multi-effects Processor as a plug-in within your VST applications and allow you to automate and save all effects parameter settings
- Compatibility with most popular audio/sequencer applications - ultra-low latency 24-bit/192kHz ASIO2, WDM and 64-bit drivers
- Production Tools software bundle with software by Cakewalk, Steinberg, Ableton, IK Multimedia, and many more - everything you need to create, record, edit, and master your music
- Two 1/4" Unbalanced Inputs
- Two 1/4" Unbalanced Outputs
- 24-bit/96kHz Optical S/PDIF In/Out (switchable to AES/EBU)
- 24-bit/96kHz Coaxial S/PDIF In/Out (switchable to AES/EBU)
- MIDI In/Out
Pricing and Availability
Proteus X2 ships in September 2006 with a 2 In/2 Out USB MIDI interface and over 3GB of sounds at US$199.99 (S$339.00). Proteus X2 will also be available as an add-on for any E-MU Digital Audio System, USB Audio/MIDI Interface or Xboard USB/MIDI controller at US$149.99, or as an upgrade for existing Proteus X owners at US$49.99.
Proteus X2 will also be available bundled with the E-MU 0404 PCI Digital Audio System in September 2006 at US$199.99 (S$339.00).
For more information about the E-MU Proteus X2, visit www.asia.creative.com.
Creative (NASDAQ: CREAF) is a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products for PC
users. Famous for its Sound Blaster® sound cards and for launching the multimedia revolution, Creative is now driving digital entertainment on the PC platform with products like its highly acclaimed ZEN and MuVo® portable audio players. Creative's innovative hardware, proprietary technology, applications and services leverage the Internet, enabling consumers to experience high-quality digital entertainment - anytime, anywhere.
About E-MU Systems
E-MU Systems is a leading developer of digital audio products that serve musicians and audio professionals. E-MU designs, manufactures and markets audio/MIDI interfaces, software instruments, USB/MIDI controllers and powered reference monitors, many of which make use of proprietary VLSI/Chip technology and E-MU's advanced software algorithms. E-MU's superb audio-quality and consistent technical innovation have made its products the choice for quality-minded musicians worldwide.
# # #
This announcement relates to products launched in the Asia Pacific. The product names, prices and availability are subject to change without notice and may differ elsewhere in the world according to local factors and requirements. MuVo, and Sound Blaster are registered trademarks of Creative Technology Ltd. in the United States and other countries. All other brand names are trademarks of their respective owners.
E-MU, Proteus and Emulator are registered trademarks of E-MU Systems, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. All other brand names mentioned are trademarks of their respective owners.