Creative Introduced The Fatal1ty 2020 Mouse - The Gaming Mouse Co-Developed For Competitive Gaming With Cyberathlete Professional League Champion Johnathan "Fatal1ty" Wendel
Ultra High Performance Mouse Sets New Standard with 2400cpi Laser Engine
Singapore - January 5, 2006
- Creative (NASDAQ: CREAF), a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products and the creator of Sound Blaster®, today announced the Fatal1ty 2020 Mouse, the gaming mouse co-developed for competitive PC gaming with professional gamer Johnathan "Fatal1ty" Wendel. The Creative Fatal1ty 2020 Mouse will be available in early 2006 for an estimated street price of $69.99. It will be demonstrated from Thursday, January 5 through Sunday, January 8 at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, NV in the Creative exhibit #30742 in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
"With the Fatal1ty 2020 Mouse, I hope to help gamers fulfill their dreams of competing at the professional level. But if they think they can beat me, they should know that I'll be using this mouse too," said Johnathan 'Fatal1ty' Wendel. "I had a vision of a mouse designed specifically for gaming, with every feature I would need to compete at the highest level. The Fatal1ty 2020 Mouse, which I designed with Creative, realizes my vision and provides me the edge I need as a champion."
"We joined forces with Fatal1ty to develop the ultimate gaming arsenal when we co-designed the Fatal1ty 2020 Mouse. We incorporate a cutting-edge G-Weight™ system and we set a new standard with 2400cpi to provide a competitive advantage," said Brad Anderson, director of product marketing for Creative. "Now we're unleashing this mouse to the public so that anyone who wants to beat Fatal1ty can emulate his gaming rig with the Fatal1ty 2020 Mouse and our Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS sound card."
Every detail of the Fatal1ty 2020 Mouse, from the overall design and ergonomics to the technical specifications, has been developed in consultation with Johnathan "Fatal1ty" Wendel, the world's best first-person-shooter gamer. The Fatal1ty 2020 Mouse has been designed with a completely new chassis and a host of features to give gamers a shot at playing like the best PC gamers in the world.
- The 2400cpi HD-Optix laser engine offers up to 6X the resolution of standard optical mice, and the 6.4 megapixel sensor report rate allows it to work flawlessly on virtually any surface and to track up to 20G's of acceleration, to guarantee that even the shortest or widest hand and arm movements are tracked with the utmost precision;
- The custom G-Weight modular weight system allows users to replace weight modules in a central chamber that is easily accessible from the top of the chassis, providing a superior center of balance for the mouse. Five weight modules are included with the mouse, ranging from Light Caliber for extra agility and endurance, to Heavy Caliber for extra precision and sniping;
- Rapid-Res™ One-Click Hardware CPI resolution change button allows the user to instantly change between 400, 800 and 2400 CPI with the touch of a button, and includes a color LED readout for instant visual representation of the current resolution;
- Exclusive SpeedWire™ zero-oxygen copper wiring and tangle-proof coating and a gold-plated USB plug enable the fastest signal transfer to the PC;
- Zero-resistance Teflon™ feet provide smooth performance on any surface;
- An ultra-comfortable mouse chassis, rubberized grip points, a premium red and black finish, and an illuminated "Fatal1ty" symbol ensures that the Creative Fatal1ty 2020 Mouse looks as deadly as the performance it delivers.
Creative will also release the Fatal1ty 1010 Mouse for casual gamers, featuring a 1600 CPI HD-Optix Engine in early 2006 for an estimated street price of US$49.99.
For more information about the Creative Fatal1ty 2020 Mouse and the Creative Fatal1ty 1010 Mouse, visit asia.creative.com.
Creative (NASDAQ: CREAF) is a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products for PC users. Famous for its Sound Blaster sound cards and for launching the multimedia revolution, Creative is now driving digital entertainment on the PC platform with products like its highly acclaimed Zen™ and MuVo® MP3 players. Creative's innovative hardware, proprietary technology, applications and services leverage the Internet, enabling consumers to experience high-quality digital entertainment -- anytime, anywhere.
About Johnathan "Fatal1ty" Wendel
Johnathan first got involved in professional PC gaming tournaments when he heard about CPL's Frag3 Tournament that took place in October 1999. Capturing third place there, he was invited to represent the USA in Stockholm two weeks later where he won undefeated, winning all 18 maps against the top players in the world. He has continued to consistently dominate competitions all over the world, including events in St. Louis, Los Angeles, New York, Dallas, Sweden, Australia, Singapore, Korea, Brazil, Germany, England, Netherlands, France, Russia, Denmark, and China, to name some of the countries he has visited in pursuit of pro gaming excellence.
Johnathan won the CPL Pentium 4 Winter Championship in December 2002 playing Unreal Tournament 2003; that victory made him the first and only 3 time CPL Champion of the Year - each year winning the CPL 1v1 Championship while competing in a different game. In Dallas, on August 14, 2004, Fatal1ty was crowned the first DOOM 3 1v1 Champion, capturing $25,000 in prize money at QuakeCon 2004. For more information about Fatal1ty, visit www.fatal1ty.com and www.fatal1tyshootout.com.
This announcement relates to products launched in the United States. The product names, prices and availability are subject to change without notice and may differ elsewhere in the world according to local factors and requirements. Sound Blaster, G-Weight, RapidRes and SpeedWire are trademarks of Creative Technology Ltd. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brand or product names mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners and are hereby recognized as such.