- Established its first Chinese Software Center in Singapore to provide better customer support and training services for Creative's Chinese software products.
- Initiated sales and marketing operations in Beijing, China.
- Announced initial public offering on the US NASDAQ National Market under the symbol CREAF.
- Premiered Sound Blaster 16 offering 16-bit stereo sampling at a competitive market price.
- Launched Video Blaster® a high quality system for display editing and frame-capture of full-motion video, thus affording a new price point for bringing full-motion video to the PC.