- Announced broad support for the Macintosh platform. Creative's popular line of Sound Blaster® Live! audio solutions and Personal Digital Entertainment (PDE) solutions - which include the NOMAD line of portable audio devices and the WebCam Go line of portable PC cameras - were the first in a series of products from Creative to support the Mac.
- Creative's Sound Blaster® line of audio products has surpassed the 100 million mark in the number of units shipped worldwide. This coincided with the 10th anniversary of the product's line launch.
- Introduced the next-generation Creative NOMAD® II portable digital audio player at the 1999 Fall Internet World Convention in New York. Nomad II offers host of new features including USB connectivity and multiple Codec support.
- Video Blaster® WebCam Go is the first ever portable PC camera that provides real-time Internet images and detaches from the PC to allow consumers to capture images on-the-go.
- Introduced 3D Blaster®Annihilator. It offers stunning features, such as, Hardware Transform & Lighting, Cubic Environment Mapping and Quad Pixel Pipeline Architecture with 32 MB of ultra fast memory and AGP 4X support, providing an unprecedented gaming experience.
- Announced Sound Blaster® Live! Platinum audio card, a digital audio solution that provides a strong set of applications for Internet audio, music applications and gaming. The new accelerator boasts the new Live! Drive, an innovative front-end console that provides easy and convenient connectivity to a wide array of analog and digital devices.
- Creative's Environmental Audio Technology now de facto industry standard for immersive 3D gaming. Over 50 leading game titles were shipped with support for Creative's Environmental Audio Technology. Microsoft's licensing of EAX technology and its plans to incorporate effects into a future version of DirectX, further established Environmental Audio technology as the de facto standard for 3D game development.
- Co-sponsors emerging artist stage at Woodstock'99 Music & Arts Fair in Rome, New York. Creative showcased LAVA! (Live Audio Visual Animation), a new technology that gives real-time visual expression to Internet music on the PC desktop, and its NOMAD line of portable MP3 digital audio players.
- Announced plans to offer broadband Internet access solutions. Collaborates with Lucent Technologies and Centillium to offer high-speed, high-bandwidth solutions to enable media-rich content from the Internet.
- Creative secured the leadership position in U.S retail and distribution of PC speaker systems based on the recent PC Data report.
- Creative drives into the expanding CD-RW market with its new Blaster® CD-RW 4224. The 4224 provides an easy-to-use solution for burning CD Media, copying and archiving on CDR and CDRewritable Media.
- Introduced the NOMAD line of portable digital audio players. With support for the popular MP3 (MPEG 1, layer 3) audio compression standard, this new product line offers consumers a new way to download, transport and playback skip-free digital audio.
- Singapore's Prime Minister Mr Goh Chok Tong officially opened Creative Resource, Creative's worldwide corporate headquarters located at the International Business Park in Singapore.
- Announced its Sound Blaster® Live! line of audio cards surpassed the one million mark in number of units shipped worldwide.