- Creative shipped Cambridge SoundWorks® DeskTop Theater series: the DeskTop Theater 5.1 DTT3500 Digital, a complete high-end home entertainment speaker solution incorporating Dolby Digital 5.1 technology. DTT3500 Digital comes with a wireless remote control and is a powerful home theater speaker solution for use with either a Sony® PlayStation 2 console, set-top DVD player or a PC.
- Creative showcased the NOMAD® Jukebox amongst the world's latest contemporary and conceptually dynamic designs and products in the internationally renowned Design Museum in London.
- Creative announced the availability of the new Sound Blaster® Live! 5.1 line of sound cards, which provides Dolby Digital® 5.1 multi-channel sound to consumers.
- Creative announced two new speakers system for the highly anticipated PlayStation®2, the Cambridge SoundWorks® PlayWorks DTT2500 Digital and the Cambridge SoundWorks® PlayWorks PS2000. Both systems are equipped with an optical connection providing quick and easy connectivity to the PlayStation2 gaming console. The latter provides virtual 5.1 surround sound using a 2.1 speaker system.
- Creative expanded its manufacturing facilities in Malacca under its wholly-owned subsidiary, Cubic Electronics Sdn. Bhd. This expansion is part of Creative's global strategy to enhance its manufacturing capabilities in new and higher value-added products such as PDE products and intelligent speakers.
- Creative invested in Soundbuzz.com, an online digital download music distributor that offers the sampling, promoting and purchasing of downloadable music from the Internet in secure MP3 format from Asian and international record labels, as well as from unsigned artists.
- Invested in PixAround.com, a leading provider of 360° interactive Web solutions, which allows users to snap, stitch, publish! their own PixAround Webpages in three simple steps.
- Creative introduced DeskTop Theater PlayWorks 2500 speakers in Japan for the PlayStation®2 market. Featuring optical SPDIF connectivity, these speakers also support other popular next-generation gaming consoles with Pro Logic content.
- Creative unveiled BlasterKey MP3, the industry's first Internet-centric MP3 Keyboard at the Winter NAMM 2000 show. This intelligent, 49-note MIDI keyboard is ideal for beginners, music lovers and Internet MP3 enthusiasts and provides downloadable new content and continual software upgrades via its website.
- Announced two new additions to its Personal Digital Entertainment (PDE) solutions - the NOMAD® Jukebox and NOMAD® II MG. Both products include USB support, are programmable and support multi compressed audio formats including MP3 and WMA. With a 6GB storage capacity, Nomad Jukebox can store over 100 hours of digital audio.