- Creative unveiled the PC-CAM 600 in Asia that can take photos at up to 1.3 Megapixels (1280x960). With a genuine XGA CCD sensor, 16MB of memory and an intelligent flash, the PC-CAM 600 boasts the combined features of a portable digital camera, a PC webcam as well as an audio video recorder.
- Creative debuted the Inspire Speaker series that bring the audiophile listening experience to the PC. The sleek design offers different speaker configurations and includes Inspire 2.1 Slim 2600 system, featuring a slender new look complimenting flat-panel monitors; the Inspire 4.1 4400 system; the Inspire 2.1 2400 speakers and the flagship Inspire 5.1 Digital 5700 series, a complete 5.1 entertainment speaker system.
- Creative expands into the digital camera market by the introduction of the PC-CAM 300, which features an advanced CCD image sensor.
- Launched Sound Blaster® Audigy, a new benchmark for PC audio with audio clarity comparable to professional audio systems and surpassing many high-end home stereo solutions with exceptional realism in audio playback. Sound Blaster Audigy delivers EAX® ADVANCED HD, enabling high definition Multi-Environments and powering advanced 3D audio imaging, and the Audigy processor, which boasts four times the effects processing power of Creative's famed EMU10K1 processor.
- Creative shipped the 100,000th unit of the NOMAD Jukebox digital audio player since its initial shipment in late summer. The full month of PC Data sales reports, from November 2000, reveals that the NOMAD Jukebox was embraced by holiday shoppers, ranking first in that month for overall revenue generated in the digital audio player category.